NuLYTELY Warnings and Precautions
Before taking NuLYTELY, make sure your healthcare provider is aware of any other medical conditions you have, such as difficulty swallowing, inflammatory bowel disease, or an intestinal blockage. Other warnings and precautions with NuLYTELY include possible drug interactions and allergic reactions. Also, make sure to tell your healthcare provider if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking NuLYTELY® (polyethylene glycol electrolyte solution) if you have:
- Difficulty swallowing
- A hole in the bowel (bowel perforation)
- Intestinal blockage (obstruction)
- Nausea, vomiting, abdominal (stomach) pain, and abdominal swelling (distention), which may be signs of a bowel obstruction
- Gastric retention (a condition in which there is a delayed emptying of stomach contents into the intestines)
- Inflammatory bowel disease or other bowel problems, including ulcerative colitis, toxic colitis, toxic megacolon, and ileus, or a history of these problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.