- This medication comes as a powder, which should be dissolved in lukewarm water before using. The normal dose is two liters (64 ounces) of MoviPrep solution, taken in eight-ounce portions, with an additional one liter of clear fluids.
- MoviPrep is taken either the night before a colonoscopy or split up between the night before and the morning of the procedure. Your healthcare provider will tell you which dosing schedule to follow.
- Do not add any additional ingredients, including flavorings or other liquids, to the MoviPrep solution.
- It is important to stay hydrated while using MoviPrep. Drink plenty of fluids before, during, and after using this medication.
- You should finish your evening meal at least one hour before starting MoviPrep. Normally, this evening meal should be limited to clear soup and/or plain yogurt. Avoid eating solid foods while using MoviPrep, and wait until after your colonoscopy to begin eating them again.
- MoviPrep comes with four pouches and one mixing container. To prepare the solution, empty one pouch A and one pouch B into the mixing container. Add lukewarm water to the top line (one-liter line) and mix to dissolve the powder. After the first container is consumed, a second container will be prepared in the same manner.
- MoviPrep can be refrigerated before drinking. It may taste better if chilled.
- It normally takes about one hour after starting MoviPrep to have your first bowel movement.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.