The specific effects of a MoviPrep overdose will vary, based on how much of the laxative was taken and whether it was taken with any other substances. Some possible overdose effects may include severe diarrhea, severe electrolyte problems, and dehydration. Treatment options will also vary. Depending on how recent the overdose was, treatment could involve "pumping the stomach" or providing supportive care.
Can You Take Too Much MoviPrep?MoviPrep® (polyethylene glycol electrolyte solution) is a prescription medication licensed to cleanse the intestines before a colonoscopy. As with any medication, it is possible to take too much MoviPrep.
The specific effects of a MoviPrep overdose would likely vary depending on a number of factors, including the MoviPrep dosage and whether it was taken with any other medications or substances.
Seek immediate medical attention if you or someone else may have overdosed on MoviPrep.
Effects of an OverdoseThere have been no reported cases of an overdose with MoviPrep. Therefore, the exact effects of an overdose are unknown. However, based on the actions of this medication, an overdose may be expected to cause the following symptoms:
- Severe diarrhea or watery stool
- Severe electrolyte problems, such as low blood sodium (hyponatremia) or potassium (hypokalemia), which could cause symptoms such as:
- Muscle weakness
- Muscle cramps
- An irregular heartbeat
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dehydration, which may cause the following symptoms:
- Less frequent urination
- Dry skin
- Dark-colored urine.