When and How to Take This MedicationSome general considerations to keep in mind when using MiraLAX include the following:
- This medication comes as a powder, which should be dissolved in four to eight ounces of liquid and swallowed by mouth. It is usually used once a day.
- MiraLAX powder can be mixed with any cold, hot, or room-temperature beverage, such as water, juice, coffee, or tea.
- Follow the directions on your individual MiraLAX product to determine how much powder to use. After adding the powder to a beverage, stir well until the powder completely dissolves.
- You can use this medication any time of the day, in the morning or evening.
- It may take up to four days after you start using MiraLAX to have a bowel movement. Do not take more than the standard dosage if you do not have a bowel movement right away.
- MiraLAX should not be used for more than seven days unless a healthcare provider tells you to do so.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as recommended.
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard dose of MiraLAX. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click MiraLAX Dosage for more information.)