Digestive System Home > RotaTeq
When and How to Get Vaccinated
- This vaccine is given as three doses, each given 4 to 10 weeks apart. The dosing schedule usually coincides nicely with standard well-baby visits.
- RotaTeq is given by mouth. Your child's healthcare provider will squeeze a small plastic vial to gently deliver the vaccine to your child's mouth.
- If your child spits out some or all of the vaccine, a replacement dose is not recommended.
- There are no dietary restrictions; your child may eat or drink as usual (including breastfeeding) before and after the vaccine.
- Children can be vaccinated if they have a minor illness, such as the common cold. However, the vaccine should be postponed if the child is moderately or severely ill.