As with any medicine, side effects are possible with dicyclomine
). However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If dicyclomine side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with dicyclomine. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of dicyclomine side effects with you.)
Dicyclomine Side Effects to Report
Some side effects with dicyclomine, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Difficulty passing urine
- Severe constipation
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia) or an irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Difficult or painful breathing
- Psychotic behavior or thoughts (such as hallucinations)
- Heat stroke
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.