An overdose of dicyclomine is likely to cause the following effects:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurred vision
- Dilated (wide open) pupils
- Hot, dry skin
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty swallowing
- Stimulation of the central nervous system (which can cause numerous different effects, such as a fast heart rate, high blood pressure, and jitteriness).
If you happen to take too much, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Bentyl Overdose for more information.)
If you do not take your dicyclomine as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
Currently, dicyclomine is available in generic form (see Generic Bentyl for more information).
Dicyclomine is made by Pantheon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Akorn, Inc., and is marketed by Axcan Scandipharm, Inc. It is sold under the brand name Bentyl. Generic dicyclomine is made by several different manufacturers.
Dicyclomine comes in the following strengths and forms:
- Dicyclomine 10 mg capsules
- Dicyclomine 20 mg tablets
- Dicyclomine 10 mg/5 mL syrup (with 10 mg per teaspoonful)
- Dicyclomine 20 mg/2 mL injection.