General Information on Taking CarafateSome considerations for people taking Carafate include the following:
- Carafate comes in tablet and oral suspension (liquid) form. It is usually taken four times a day (to heal ulcers) or twice daily (to prevent the ulcers from recurring).
- You should take the medication on an empty stomach.
- Make sure to shake the suspension well before each dose.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Carafate dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.