Budesonide ER Dosage
The standard budesonide ER dosage for treating active ulcerative colitis is one tablet taken each morning. This medication can be taken for up to eight weeks. Make sure to swallow the tablets whole; do not crush, chew, or open them. You can take your dose with or without food.
There is only one standard recommended dose of budesonide ER (Uceris™), regardless of your age or weight. As always, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
The recommended dose of budesonide ER for treating active ulcerative colitis is 9 mg taken once daily in the morning for up to eight weeks.
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with budesonide ER include the following:
- Budesonide ER comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day in the morning.
- It does not seem to matter if you take budesonide ER with food or on an empty stomach. If it seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Swallow budesonide ER tablets whole; do not chew, crush, or open the tablets.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit while you are taking budesonide ER.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.