When and How to Take BudesonideSome general considerations for when and how to take budesonide EC include the following:
- Budesonide EC comes in the form of a capsule. It is usually taken by mouth once a day in the morning.
- It does not seem to matter if you take budesonide EC with food or on an empty stomach. If budesonide EC seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Swallow budesonide EC capsules whole; do not chew, crush, or open the capsules.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit while you are taking budesonide EC (see Drug Interactions With Budesonide EC).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.