Budesonide EC Dosing
General Budesonide Dosing InformationSome considerations for people taking budesonide EC include the following:
- Budesonide EC comes in the form of a capsule. It is usually taken by mouth once a day in the morning.
- It does not seem to matter if you take budesonide EC with food or on an empty stomach. If budesonide EC seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Swallow budesonide EC capsules whole; do not chew, crush, or open the capsules.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit while you are on budesonide EC.
- A lower budesonide EC dose may be recommended for elderly people, people with certain medical conditions (such as liver disease), or people who take certain medications (see Drug Interactions With Budesonide EC for more information).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.