General Information on Taking Alosetron
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with alosetron include the following:
- Alosetron comes in the form of a tablet. It is usually taken by mouth twice a day, although some people may only need to take it once a day.
- You can take your dose with or without food. Try taking it with food if it upsets your stomach.
- Because of risks associated with its use, alosetron can only be prescribed by healthcare providers who enroll in a special program, and understand the risks and benefits of prescribing alosetron.
- You will be given a medication guide that explains the important things you need to know about alosetron. Make sure you read the guide, and ask questions if you have them. You will be asked to sign a form indicating you read the guide and understand the risks and benefits of using alosetron before starting treatment.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or alosetron dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.